SEO for Wedding Photographer: Best Tips to Get More Clients
You are a wedding photographer. You have expertise in capturing the most beautiful memories with your camera. However, how do you promote yourself as a wedding photographer? How will the couple find that you are the perfect wedding photographer they are looking for? How will you do SEO for wedding photography?
There are hundreds(or probably thousands) of online searches for wedding photographers. How will you ensure your wedding photography website is the one that answers these online search queries? Whatever the business or industry is, the hidden gem lies in SEO optimization, and wedding photography is no exception.
SEO for Wedding Photographers
The best SEO tips for your wedding photography website are listed here:
- Keyword research and planning
- Seo content for wedding photographers
- Local SEO for Wedding Photographers
- Backlinks and off-page SEO
- SEO result monitoring
We will now explore wedding photography SEO and take your wedding photography business beyond the horizons.
Keyword research and planning for wedding photography
Photographers think that SEO is too technical for them. Let us break it down for you in layman’s terms. The key to wedding photography SEO starts with understanding what your target audience will type on the search engine while looking for your service, which is wedding photography. This is the first step towards Wedding photography SEO. If you have an answer to the wedding photography keywords, Google will show your wedding photography website at the top. Now, let’s see how we can research the best SEO keywords for wedding photographers.
What are the keywords for wedding photography SEO?
The relevant SEO tips for wedding photographers are:
- Brainstorm and explore what your target clients are looking for on the internet. Google search engine result page or SERP can be an enlightening manual for this pursuit. Type in “wedding photographer” on the search engine and see what suggestions the Google algorithm throws up. These recommendations such as “wedding photographer cost”, “wedding photographer in New Jersey”, and “wedding photographer portfolio pdf”, etc. are the common searches people do while googling wedding photography.
- The next section to analyze the SERP is the related searches. You might see numerous SEO keywords such as “wedding photographers in Rishikesh”, “wedding photographers in the USA”, “wedding photography packages”, etc. In short, Google wants you to create content on these wedding photography SEO keywords and solve the visitor’s queries.
- Keep your eye on the People also Ask section on SERP. Answer them on your wedding photography website. For example, if the question is “How much do the best wedding photographers cost?”, make sure you have the query solved on your website.
- You can also look for the wedding photography keywords and the synonyms your competitors are ranking for. For example: “pre-wedding photographer in Miami”, “couple photoshoot photographer”, etc.
- You can also use Google Trends for wedding photography keyword inspiration.
- You must tailor your research and look for location-based keywords such as “wedding photography in Hawaii”, style based keywords such as “aesthetic wedding photography”, event-specific keywords such as “wedding reception photography”, place-specific keywords such as “destination wedding photographer”, and Season-Specific Keywords such as “spring wedding photography” as per your targeted niches.
- Once you have brainstormed and researched the wedding photography keywords, analyze their search volume, user intent, and keyword difficulty on tools such as Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, Moz Keyword Explorer, Serpstat, Semrush, ahref, etc. Pick the keywords that deliver more lucrative benefits. Pro Tip: A large search volume with low competition wedding photography keywords offers a higher chance of ranking on SERP.
A few of the best keywords for wedding photography are:
- Wedding photographer in [your location city/state]
- wedding photographers near me
- [your location city/state] Wedding photographers
- [your location city/state] wedding photography
- affordable wedding photographers
- wedding photographer cost
- best wedding photographer in [your location city/state]
- wedding photography packages
SEO Content for Wedding Photographers
Once you are done with the most searched wedding photography keywords, the next step towards SEO for wedding photographers is incorporating them into the content. Write lots and lots of good quality SEO-optimized wedding photography content. Your breathtaking wedding photographs and the content should be powerful enough to make a direct link with both the search engine and the customers.
How to write SEO content for wedding photographers?
The relevant SEO tips for wedding photographers are:
- Write human-friendly, informative, unique, and original wedding photography content for your wedding. Pro Tip: Include wedding photography SEO keywords seamlessly into your content. Neither force it nor stuff it. Otherwise, you will have to face the consequences.
- The wedding photographer industry is over-saturated. Therefore, creating a niche for yourself is the way forward to generate more clients. Make sure you highlight your main services on your wedding photography website, especially the landing page. For example: If you offer an elopement wedding photographer niche, state it boldly on your wedding photography website.
- Write SEO keywords for wedding photographers in the alt text and description of your images. As a wedding photographer, you need to showcase your wedding photography skills through your work sample. Google crawler and fetcher analyze images as well while indexing.
- It would be great if you utilized this opportunity to get more impressions and views. Additionally, the image’s name should also be SEO optimized. Suppose you have shot an Indian wedding in New York. The image name and alt text in this scenario should be “indian-wedding-new-york.jpg” and “Indian wedding new york” respectively.
- You are a wedding photographer, but you still have to write about your wedding photography skills while posting the photographs. Incorporate the niche-specific SEO keywords for wedding photography into all of the content you post on the web.
- Optimize your wedding photography website URL, headings, titles, and meta tags.
- There are various tools that will help you with your wedding photography website content. Use Grammarly for writing, Duplichecker for plagiarism checking, and copyleaks for checking AI content.
- Create a well-organized and visually attractive wedding photography portfolio.
- Create Schema markup to help Google understand the content on your wedding photography website.
Local SEO for Wedding Photographers
Wedding photography is one of those kinds of businesses for which you can’t afford to miss out on local SEO. It’s probably because your customers come from your immediate surroundings. Local SEO will market your wedding photography business where your targeted audience is. It’s a holistic approach for both your clients and your photography business. Indeed, Local SEO is a great SEO practice.
Whenever anyone in your service area searches for “wedding photography” or “wedding photographer near me”, he/she should be able to see your wedding photography website. So, let’s see how we can harness local SEO for the wedding photography industry with the most effective strategies.
How to market your wedding photography business locally?
The relevant SEO tips for wedding photographers are:
- Niching down your wedding photography SEO keywords will tell Google that you offer particular wedding photography services in a specific location. Use them throughout your wedding photography website. People in the vicinity of your photo studio will be able to find you.
- Put the locally SEO-optimized wedding photography keywords in your meta tag, heading, titles, and URL. Suppose you offer wedding photography in Dwarka, Delhi. Your title should be “Your Studio Name | Wedding Photography | Park Avenue New York”. Likewise, your URL should be: “https://yourstudioname/best-wedding-photographers-in-park avenue-nyc/”
- Google My Business or GMB is something you can miss out on. It’s a great way to tell the audience that matters the most to your business about what wedding photography services you offer, your contact details, your photo studio address, and your working hours. The added benefit is that Google My Business is completely free.
- Make your NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) consistent throughout the web. Put your NAP details on every page of your wedding photography website. Use appropriate CTAs and make it easy for prospective customers to contact you or reach out to you at your studio. For this, you can also add a Google map directing the audience to your photo studio.
- Encourage happy clients to write online reviews and testimonials of your wedding photography services.
- Regularly post content on social media sites such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc., and engage with the audience there as well. Also, make sure you have mentioned the NAP details on all your channels. Pro Tip: You can also make behind-the-scenes video marketing.
- Make a responsive wedding photography website. Approximately 50% of Google searches are done on mobile phones. This is why having an attractive, responsive, and quick-responding wedding photography website is an absolute must for your business.
- Enhance your local connections so that people can discover you as the best wedding photographer in your locality.
- List your wedding photography business in online directories. Superpages, Better Business Bureau, Hotfrog, Merchant Circle, EZLocal, eLocal, Manta, Foursquare, and Yellow Pages are a few of the high domain authority Online Local Business Directories and listing Sites.
- There are various photographer-specific online directories such as The Photography Directory, World Photography Organization’s Photographers’ Directory, Click Pro Photographers, PhotoShelter, etc. List your website here along with your wedding photography sample. Further, don’t forget to mention NAP citations.
Backlinks and off-page SEO
Backlinks or inbound links are another great strategy for SEO for wedding photographers. Relevant wedding photographer websites will give you backlinks in exchange for info, research, blog posts, freebies, or money. It’s better to have 1 backlink from a relevant high-domain authority website than to have 20 backlinks from spam websites.